TOOLBOX TALK 43/60
TOPIC: LABOUR TRANSPORT
OBJECTIVE: TO ENSURE SAFE TRANSPORTATION OF WORKERS
- Stay within the speed limit at all times and obey the traffic laws.
- Drive according to road conditions.
- An approved fire extinguisher must be fitted.
- Driver and passengers to wear seat belts.
- Ensure tools and equipment are secured.
- Daily check list to be completed before the trip starts.
- Load and unload passengers only when vehicles are off the road and stationary.
- Turn headlights on when traveling on gravel roads.
- Immediately report any dangerous behavior or incident to your supervisor.
- Driver must have appropriate license and PDP.
- No naked flames during refueling.
- Passengers, equipment and hazardous chemicals or fuels not transported in the same carry area.
- Passengers may not smoke during transportation.
- Avoid over-loading.
- The driver may not be under the influence of alcohol or a narcotic, as this will affect their ability and endanger the lives of the passengers.
- Never attempt a task for which you are not trained.
- Never enter a situation that you feel is unsafe – always consult the supervisor first.
- Passengers may not board or leave the vehicle until it has stopped.
- Never transport any persons who are not an employee.
- You are not allowed to use a cell phone whilst driving.
Don’t be reactive, get proactive with HSEC Online®