TOOLBOX TALK 47/60
TOPIC: WATER HYGIENE
OBJECTIVE: TO ENSURE SAFE DRINKING WATER FOR LABOUR
- Ensure that containers used for storing and transporting water have been cleaned properly prior to being used for storage of water.
- Ensure that water containers were not previously used for the storage of chemicals and/or poisonous substances.
- Ensure that water containers are kept in a cool place.
- Water containers should be clearly marked.
- Water from an unknown source when on site should first be boiled and cooled, before being used to refill water containers.
- Do not use containers that have previously been used for storage of chemicals or poison.
- Do not attempt to refill water containers from unknown sources when on site.
- Do not store water containers near other chemical, fuel or fertilizer containers when on site.
- Illness ranging from mild abdominal discomfort to severe debilitating sickness because of drinking contaminated water.
- Possible poisoning from contaminated containers.
Don’t be reactive, get proactive with HSEC Online®