TOOLBOX TALK 50/60
TOPIC: OFFICE PERSONNEL – GENERAL SAFETY AWARENESS
OBJECTIVE: TO ENSURE SAFE WORKING CONDITIONS FOR OFFICE PERSONNEL
A safe working environment is just as important in an office as it is on site or in a plant!
Each member of the company should keep safety in mind ALL THE TIME
In an office environment:
- Obey all posted safety and danger signs.
- Keep doors in hallways fully open or fully closed.
- Do not store or leave items on stairways or walkways.
- Use handrails when ascending or descending stairs or ramps.
- Do not run on stairs or take more than one step at a time.
- Use a ladder or step stool to retrieve or store items that are located above your head.
- Do not jump from ramps, platforms, ladders or step stools.
- Keep floors clear of items such as paper clips, pencils, tacks or staples.
- Always be aware of tripping hazards.
- Never kick objects out of your pathway; pick them up or make sure they are no longer in the way.
- Do not block your view by carrying large or bulky items; use a dolly or hand truck or get assistance from a fellow employee.
- Carry pencils, scissors, and other sharp objects with the points down.
- Store sharp objects, such as pens, pencils, letter openers or scissors in drawers or with the points down in a container.
- Clean up spills or leaks immediately by using a paper towel, rag or a mop and bucket.
- Do not throw matches, cigarettes or other smoking materials into rubbish baskets.
Don’t be reactive, get proactive with HSEC Online®